Sunday, April 16, 2006

 

Checking out Wikipedia

I've just found some interesting articles on Wikipedia that I need to keep an eye on.

Software Deployment. I particularly like the way each activity is broken down into a set of operations.

SaaS - Software as a Service: Oooh! It's just ASP's with a different name! Well, actually it talks about "net native" applications, which (I assume) refer to applications built specifically for internet usage. But how they differ I do not know.

And there's a ton of different types of software distribution forms mentioned, each fascinating in their own right: Abandonware, Crippleware, Adware, Baitware, Beerware, Careware, Demoware, Donateware, Freeware, Greenware, Guiltware, Hostageware, Loyaltyware, Malware, Nagware, Postcardware, Hostageware, Shareware, Shovelware, Spyware, Vaporware.

I might come back to some of these a bit later. Some are obviously a bit facetious, but some also potentially are worth exploring in a lot more detail.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?